Inspired by Shel Silverstein

Shel has inspired me for a long time.. his poetry books I've given as gifts and read to my children and hope to read them to my grandchildren... His book published posthumously, "Everything On It  is another I've collected.  Reading his poems this time I felt an urge to paint.  Two of his works:  Masks, and Spider are the impetus of this quick watercolor drawing..

Masks

She had blue skin.
And so did he.
He kept it hid
And so did she.
They searched for blue
Their whole life through,
Then passed right by –
And never knew.

            Shel Silverstein


(quick sketch based on his poems - c. rtm 2012)
Spider

A spider lives inside my head
Who weaves a strange and wondrous web
Of silken threads and silver strings
To catch all sorts of flying things,
Like crumbs of thought and bits of smiles
And specks of dried-up tears,
And dust of dreams that catch and cling
For years and years and years . . .

Shel Silverstein


Comments

Popular Posts