Seeking Collaboration - Keeping the Focus

difficult times have
a way of creating
a different focus
life

heart and guts
grit and gruel
what it takes
life

artists and art
dedicated to their truth
exposing core
life

rm 2012

Mary Gauthier is a woman with heart and grit.. taking her own life story writing songs and performing, that's my intention too, she is an inspiration..

http://youtu.be/d2gq1r7DKSo



http://youtu.be/3DB5d5xPIZc




I recently came across a great children's story that i will be making illustrations for and short picture book formats.  I hope to find a singer/songwriter to collaborate with me on some music for the children's illustrations.  This book speaks to me on so many levels, I look forward to exploring it thoroughly.

The opening paragraph is this: 

"THERE IS NOTHING lonelier than a cat who has been loved, at least for a while, and then abandoned on the side of the road.  A small calico cat.  Her family, the one she lived with, has left her in this old and forgotten forest, this forest where the rain is soaking into her soft fur."  Appelt.

Each short chapter is full of vivid heartfelt pieces of a story of love and hurt and tenderness... I've got to find my cat image, but for now this one seems to fit... 



I've never done illustrations and I am exploring this for my heart only.

Comments

  1. Just dropped by...Thank you for Mary, Robbin. I am putting an idea together to talk about fear and failure with my music as the link. Wish me luck... I know Mary would because she's right. Bless you and keep you struggling dear. Oh and YES good luck with the cat story. Alone and wet is a good place to look for inspiration and your heart is by turns warm and cosy and a wasteland of bewildering fear....I will follow your journey as always and wish you well. xx SHINE Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alan, it's now 3 years since I was with this idea, and I've since met you in person! I'm headed back to this story... i'm stumped by the obstacles that life presents, and mostly by my own self-made obstacles. Cheers Alan!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts